Are you tired of the headaches that come with processing payroll tax forms? If so, delegating the complicated task to your payroll provider can take that burden off your shoulders. However, before doing so, it's essential to complete Form 8655. This form allows a reporting agency to handle returns on your organization's behalf, including signing and filing certain returns, making deposits and payments, and receiving duplicate copies of tax information.
In this blog, you will learn more about Form 8655 and how Greenshades can help you complete and tackle payroll tax filings.
What is Form 8655?
Form 8655 allows a reporting agency to handle returns on your organization’s behalf. After submitting the form, the designated agency will have the ability to
- Sign and file certain returns;
- Make deposits and payments for certain returns;
- Receive duplicate copies of tax information, notices, and other written and/or electronic communication regarding any authority granted; and
- Provide IRS with information to aid in penalty relief determinations related to the authority granted on Form 8655.
This form is critical when submitting tax filings through your payroll software provider. Delegating payroll tax filing to a provider reduces the burden on your organization and reduces the risk of errors and missed deadlines.
Submitting Form 8655 with Greenshades
At Greenshades, we understand the importance of staying up-to-date with tax laws and regulations that may impact our clients. We have made the process of uploading this important form within the Greenshades system straightforward, so you can complete the job quickly.
- Navigate to Settings and select Form 8655
- Follow the instructions to download, fill in, and sign Form 8655
- Upload a copy to Greenshades for record-keeping
- Don't forget to send in the signed form to the IRS. There are two options available.
- Mail to: Internal Revenue Service
Accounts Management Service Center
MS 6748 North Rulon White Blvd
Ogden, UT 84404
- Fax to: (855) 214-7523
- *The IRS recommends faxing from a computer rather than a traditional fax machine where possible and to limit the fax to no more than 25 pages.
Payroll Tax Filing with Greenshades
The Greenshades Tax Filing Center provides a user-friendly dashboard, to make managing all payroll forms a breeze. Our solution is equipped to handle all Payroll tax returns at the federal, state, and local levels, including but not limited to withholding (941s and W-2s), unemployment returns (SUTA/SUI), and more. Keep track of every filing and payment that needs to be submitted with ease. Additionally, you'll have full access to historical data, allowing you to view past submissions and payments at any time.
Upgrade your tax filing with the Greenshades Payroll Tax Service to include a Greenshades tax expert by your side helping to generate and submit the necessary returns, payments, and ensure everything related to your submissions is handled timely.
Get Prepared for the 2023 Tax Filing Season
Reduce stress and administrative burden for tax filings by completing Form 8655. At Greenshades, we make managing forms simple. Our team of seasoned tax professionals regularly monitors changes in tax laws and regulations, and we apply them promptly to ensure our clients' accounts remain secure.
Form 8655 can be completed at any time to ensure you are prepared for the upcoming tax season. If you are a current client and have questions about Form 8655 contact email@example.com. If you would like to learn more about how Greenshades can support your tax filings contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.